Are you looking for an inexpensive, easy, and versatile banner for a birthday party, gathering, or celebration? This D.I.Y. coffee filter banner is a great option! It can be customized in length, size, colors, and can be made for just a few dollars. My super creative friend Kim made these adorable DIY Coffee Filter Banners for her daughter’s birthday. She wrote how she made them here:
- Put craft paint in a bowl and add about 3/4 Cup water.
- Dip a whole bunch of coffee filters in it, rotating them so they are covered in paint.
- Dunk them a second time rotating them so the edges saturate a lot of the remaining paint.
- When they were all completely saturated, separate them into smaller stacks and set them out to dry.
- As they dry, separate them more until they are individual circles.
- Then, fold them in half. When they are completely dry, they are ready to hang.
- Using a glue stick attach them to a string.
- Alternate colors on the banner to fit your color scheme and theme. Hang the banner.
Coffee Filters– I used 1 1/2 packages of Dollar Tree coffee filters to make all of the banners at the party.
For other ‘rich living’ tips please subscribe, like me on Facebook, and follow me on Pinterest and Instagram.
Victoria @DazzleWhileFrazzled says
Super cute idea! May have to “steal” this one for a party. Visiting from Think Tank Thursday party.
George T. says
Instead of using craft paint, you can use food coloring and water. It’s a lot easier, and the coffee filter absorbs the dye soaked water easier. I’d also recommend getting bigger bowls to hold the coffee filters in. As a bonus, I found that if you lightly tie the filters with a piece of yarn, you can make “Tye-dye” rings. Thank you for sharing!
Anita Fowler says
Thank you for the additional tip!